WHAT DO I TREAT?
I treat a range of emotional problems by working with my clients to help them identify unhelpful and negative thinking patterns and then to replace them with more helpful thinking patterns. They can change the way they respond in difficult situations and move forward. With a MSc (masters level of study in CBT), I mainly use a combination of cognitive behavioral therapy, coaching techniques and, where appropriate, hypnosis and hypnotherapy to help my clients. I also draw on Compassion Focussed Therapy in which I have also had training as this can be useful in certain situations.
- Emotional Distress
- Health anxiety
- Performance anxiety
- Exam stress
- Panic attacks
- Phobias e.g. fear of flying, fear of using public transport, etc.
- Social phobia
- Trauma / Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Low self esteem
- Lack of self confidence
- DIfficulty living with illness
- Relationship problems
- Work related problems
- Fertility / infertility / IVF / Donations including egg and sperm donation / biological clock related issues / childlessness
- Pregnancy /pregnancy after IVF / birth / birth trauma, womens issues, adjustment to parenthood and parenting
- Body dysmorphia, body image problems
Sometimes people find their problems fit neatly into one of these categories. Other times, people find they have multiple and more complex problems that may touch on several of these areas. Cognitive behavioural therapy and hypnosis helps people to feel better and coaching helps them move forward.
I work with each of my clients to accurately assess precisely how their specific problems are affecting them and then determine an appropriate treatment path to help them feel better as quickly as possible.